#home Malayalam movie review

I got into this after tough day in my work and selected this as somewhere I saw some raving review in my facebook feed somewhere in my mobile. Irony that movie which downplays the mobile device got attention by mobile.
It's very hard and unfair to write review on culture and language that am not into it. But first time ever I went really went tight on capturing images and reading sub titles due to the natural visual, realistic characters. when the movie started telling about a director and writers block, i thought it's going to be too artistic and would loose empathy as like the movies 71/2(french), marupadiyum, bommalatam, VTV. I don't like movies about movies, I was sleepy until the part came in about the guy who ran a video cassette shop who gone out of competition now. And also I thought this movie cannot be tagged as just a feel good family drama but has more hearty flavour to it. My take on a movie always would be story distorted and pick my favourite elements. Not to repeat or document what I have seen.



Moving forward I thought it's not about movie about a movie, rather story about a story. The most exciting thing in the 80s is having video cassette shop. This video cassette shop was always a fascinating thing for the rich people and upper middle class can afford to. I really liked the idea of a man who went out of fashion, from so called intellectual, sophisticated, modern competitive good. This theme really went in to me due my recent fed up with masala movies with blood , or some artticial element to satisfy or excite audience. Coming to the story which I feel most ppl miss is that, it's about a innocent boy who saves a child in a fantasy manner with his best friend. He later turns out to be a ordinary man for this society. I liked the way movie mirrors the influence of mobile , social media leaving us with waste of time hurting our life. But I little bit didn't like when explicitly discuss topic and be a bit preachy. But when the character says that he googled to found mobile exposure won't affect us due to lightning, it's good to know the content is not against using mobile but over use or addiction and negative of it only. The movie does not have over celebration, glorify of a love track, a song show some bad guy unreasonable which is the biggest relief
 Eventhough the movie could be seen as life of older generation people, how mobile affects us. I wish director Shankar made a movie like this instead of pouring visual granduer with less humanity into it. I also like the director characters brother and their relationship. The second interesting point is that when father says he has interesting story that's the point it captviate my interest as I know it's going to be the real thing. And as expected it was fulfilling, a innocent man saves a life for inturn nothing. The deepest theme nailed. High time to quit over use of mobile for society which cherishes humaity as nothing makes more sense then that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ON Self Knowledge Philosopher Jiddu Krishnamurti - Why JK repeats?(On my spiritual guru

ON Tamil Writer Balakumaran - The man who knew too much on spirituality